[obol] Newport Birds

  • From: John <Oropendolas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:45:47 -0800

Hello All,

Highlights from our day birding around Newport are:

The "Queen" EIDER was easily seen from 68th street from 8:30-9:00, then went
missing for a couple hours before returning in the late morning.

The male BARROW'S GOLDENEYE was between the jetties just west of the 101
bridge.

We easily found the immature NORTHERN SHRIKE after Mark Nikas pointed in the
direction were he had recently seen it along the Hatfield Nature Trail.

An immature SNOW GOOSE was with 16 White-fronts and 2 Cacklers inside the
chain-link fence around the big green tank on Yaquina Bay. Not sure if this is
the same bird that's been around or not.

Good Birding,

John Sullivan & Laura Johnson
Springfield, OR

Sent from my iPad