[muglo] Re: radio

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:16:39 -0500

On 21-Mar-06, at 3:02 PM, Hawk wrote:

>  I-Tunes has a radio site that
> includes countless music stations of all descriptions.
>   I have been unable to listen to games played by my favourite
> teams lately
> for a lot of reasons. Is a special program needed to select
> stations? Is it
> a monthly cost thing?

Yes, the internet radio stations are cool. There is programming there
you just don't get anywhere else, and if you have a high speed
connection, even better.

What I have been doing is listening to one particular program off the
CBC, a regular radio station which provides a streaming broadcast not
through iTunes. I know CJBK also provides one. I suppose there are
others. These two send their streams to the net as Windows Media
Files, so, despite Flip4Mac's functionality, it doesn't read some
radio broadcasts.

Eric would use OggVorbis

But if you can find the radio stations web site, if they stream, they
will give instructions.

   Google submits to Chinese Gov't. Tibetan cybercafe warning:
"Do not use Internet for any political or unintelligent purposes."
   __________<http://home.golden.net/~samu>__________

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/