[muglo] now I'm really confused

  • From: Douglas Feick <dejl6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:07:43 -0400

I used Carbon Copy Cloner about 3 weeks ago  to back up my entire HD
onto a Seagate 1.5 Terabyte external HD. I wrote about the problem I
had when I erased my itunes from my HD and all the tunes disappeared
from my Seagate at the same time, leaving me without a copy of all my
songs and podcasts. I went to erase my duplicated movies from my HD
with the intention of putting an alias on the HD with my movies on
the Seagate, but when I erased the movie off the HD, it disappeared
off the Seagate at the same time, just like my itunes had. This time
I was careful to delete a movie I didn't want, as a test, and my
experience with itunes was duplicated again. I thought I would see
where my movies from my HD went to, so I plugged in the Seagate to my
laptop, and I clicked on the movies icon in the left-side bar, only
to see no movies from my HD there! Where are they? CCC apparently put
them there the same as my itunes, but neither of them are there when
I go to access them. This isn't working as I thought it would. What's
the point in backing up, if the files aren't there when you need
them? ...Doug