[muglo] Re: new mac

  • From: Marlene Thompson <marlene.thompson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:37:23 -0400

On 18-Apr-07, at 4:20 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> On 18-Apr-07, at 3:27 PM, Marlene Thompson wrote:
>
>> I noticed yesterday
>> that when I am attaching a file through email I can "see" the ms
>> network that I was using before
>
> That is a good sign
>
>> but I cannot hook up to it.
>
> If you can *see* it, your Mac is hooked up to it.
>
> Can you attach to an email a file you KNOW is on the ms network?
No

>> There
>> are 2 parts where the mac hard drive is.
>
> What is the name of this window where you can see this?
it is just the attachment window that comes up on email

>> There is a mac hard drive
>> and then an icon with a "computer" that says "Marlene".
>
> I assume: 1) a Mac icon of a drive with a name below it, and 2) an
> icon (of a computer?) with the name "Marlene" below it. Two icons
> right?
>
> Your computer has a name. Your drive (or volume) has a name. Any
> partitions or volumes have a name. And you as a user on the computer
> have a name. They don't have to be the same.
>
>> If I log
>> into the "computer" I can access the ms network but I can't actually
>> get the files.
>
> This sounds like a file sharing permissions problem on the ms network
> side.
ok I'll check the pc

>>   I still cannot see it in the "finder" or on the desktop or anywhere
>> else.
>
>   "IT" being the network?  Go to Finder. Under the menu named
> 'Finder' go to 'Preferences', 'General'... is 'Connected Servers'
> clicked on? Under Sidebar, are the correct items clicked on?

ok good. All the desktop items were clicked on.  But the "new finder
window" was clicked on "home" and I clicked "computer" and now I can
"see" the network.  But now when I try to get onto the network it
says I can't get on because I need to "fix alias"

Any ideas??