[muglo] Re: muglo Digest V5 #201

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, printerman@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:02:42 -0400

Try this?
Create the following HTML file and "Open With" Safari from the Finder
(or, Roy, save the attached file... you should get an attachment since
I've cc-ed you):
Blank

If Safari opens with this file and doesn't crash, you will then know
it's got something to do with how Safari access the internet.

Anyway, I haven't been paying close attention to your trials and
tribulations. What is it that is causing problems for you in Safari...
does it always crash when you open? Have you tried FireFox, Camino,
Mozilla, OmniWeb or iCab? (http://www.versiontracker.com)

Alternately, if it's the process of loading the web page, try this:
1. make sure you're not connected to the web;
2. open Safari;
3. change your home page to a blank if it doesn't crash.

Eric.

On 9/27/05, Roy Hanson <printerman@xxxxxx> wrote:
> yes, I cleared out caches, plus the plist (bookmarks, history)
> but it opens at google.ca, the little coloured wheel spins as if its
> looking for something..then the sign,..application quit unexpectedly.

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Ecartis --
-- File: Test.html

 Testing...