[muglo] Re: iCab Mail ?

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:56:30 -0500

At 11:56 AM -0500 11/9/02, Eric D. wrote:

>on 7/11/02 19:45, Mary at iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>  But, know what? This morning I sent myself a coupla test emails using
>>  that iCab form, and I have not yet received them.
>
>I'm now wondering if it's broken ... I couldn't do it either.

Hi Eric, (Hey you! Get back to work. ;-)

Thanks for feedback. I've been focussed on this bit of iCab trivia
for a coupla days.

[Note: as ya prolly know, that "mail-to" box in iCab's prefs makes
this difference -> if I leave that box unchecked, selecting "Send
Email" in iCab will bring me into my default email app, which is
Eudora. But if I check that box, I get the iCab compose window.]

I was in (virtual) touch with another iCab user. I asked him to send
a test mail to himself and to me, using iCab. Both arrived.

My theory: reason you and I cannot get this to work is that we have
removed our email addresses from Internet Control Panel. (I'm
guessing that iCab relies on that to generate a "from" address for
the mail that we compose and then try to send.) So, no "from" info
available. So, our mail will be ignored/rejected, possibly as soon as
it reaches our own ISP. (?)

Whaddya think?

Mary

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>