[muglo] Re: Web Site/FreeList

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:03:57 -0500

A web page system that I saw recently described in DottoTech used a
system called Drupal at

  http://drupal.org/

I haven't had time to look at it in detail but it looks as if it
might be worth looking at as it seems to support just about
everything that one needs, including web pages, blogs, a forum, etc.
Basically it seems to provide a number of templates for various
features and then one simply puts in the template whatever they want,
text, pictures, tables, etc. A further useful feature appears to be
that different people can be assigned certain areas so that, for
example, different members could be made responsible for looking
after different parts of the web pages instead of being all done by
one person (currently Doug)!  Apparently the DottoTech web site uses
this programme and a number of his staff look after different parts
of their web site.

I will take a further look at it when I get time but perhaps in the
meantime Doug and others might like to take a look at this...

Paul