[muglo] Constitution amendments.

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:10:26 -0500

To view the present Constitution go to "http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/";.
Below I have listed the changes that I propose.

1.3.6 The Webmaster is responsible for maintaining the MUGLO web
site, MUGLOnline and the MUGLO List (currently on ListBot). Webmaster
will also be responsible for encouraging and promoting membership,
and shall provide lists of members as required by other Executive
members.

I propose deleting “(currently on ListBot)”, We haven’t been on
ListBot for a few years.

1.5 Authority: The general membership shall retain all powers of
Muglo at all times.

I haven’t the foggiest idea what this clause means & I propose we
delete it.

1.5.3 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are encouraged so that groups of
members may meet to discuss a topic of common interest. Such groups
will be advertised on the web site for the benefit of members who may
wish to join the group.

I propose that ,“Such groups will be advertised on the web site”, be
amended to add “, Forums” and any other logical location” for the
benefit of members.

1.6 Amendments: This Constitution and Bylaws shall be amended by a
majority vote of the Muglo membership, as determined by the
Membership Recorder, currently the "Listbot" list, provided that such
amendments are submitted in writing to the Secretary, and that at
least two weeks' notice is given to the Muglo membership.

I propose that the , currently “Listbot” list, be deleted.

4.0 Quorums of the Muglo membership shall consist of the Muglo
membership in the current Muglo List,

I propose that “in the current Muglo List,”  be deleted. It is a
superfluous  reference.

6.1 Costs: All non-routine disbursements made by Muglo shall be
approved by the Executive, or by the President if a matter of
expediency. Routine disbursements are the responsibility of the
Treasurer. All cheques shall be signed by the Treasurer. All
expenditures in excess of $400.00 (four hundred dollars) that are not
included in the budget for the current fiscal year shall require
approval of the general membership of Muglo, granted by a motion
passed online, provided that notice of that motion is included in the
agenda circulated online.

I propose that “, or by the President if a matter of expediancy” be
deleted.
I also propose that “All expenditures......circulated online” be
deleted.

There may be more corrections that I’ve missed. I ask for a seconder
to either each amendment, or all of the amendments.
TeeC - Sec/Treasurer