[muglo] VoIP

  • From: "Ted Medzon" <emedzon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:22:36 -0500

Has anyone used Skype.com? It is a free internet VoIP program that is
available at http://www.skype.com/products/skype/macosx/ .It is 5.9 MB. It
sounds like a great tool for those with a microphone and speakers on any PC.
My cousin, who is very cautious about these programs, says that it works
great.
I can see where it could be used for conference calls, instant messaging
etc. which would give the club a neat communication tool, especially for
those not in London. All you need is a cable or DSL connection, although it
may work over a dial-up.
Ted Medzon.

Ted Medzon, Ph.D.
President