[muglo] Re: Time Capsule

  • From: Douglas Feick <dejl6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:04:11 -0400

One of the items to check when setting up Time Capsule is the computer should be set to never sleep. I did this and have no problems, even when I shut off the computer, because the computer disconnects everything in order. I have a 1.5T external Seagate plugged into my desktop computer. A quick check to tell if it is a faulty cable is to reverse your external HD USB cables in the ports on the computer. If the warning changes to the other external HD, you have a bad port connector. If it follows the switcharoo, it could be the cable...Doug F