[muglo] Sympatico

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 05:31:58 -0400

In terms of Sympatico, I'm still using it and Porchlight.  I must
admit I haven't been following the Sympatico discussions completely,
but from what I've read and understand, the problem with Sympatico
seems to relate to dial-up and OS X.  I generally haven't had trouble
with OS 9 dial-up and Sympatico, but I've had lots of trouble with OS
10 dial-up and Sympatico.

I've also used ISP Canada which was great, but because I've had the
Sympatico account for over five years and it's going to take a long
time to switch over, and, because Porchlight offers unlimited dial-up
for a very low price, I'm now using Porchlight and Sympatico.

I've found there's much more down time with Sympatico, although it
does seem to be much better lately.  However, based on the fact that
Sympatico doesn't appear to be planning to ever support OS X dial-up,
I plan to phase out of Sympatico eventually.

Leith