[muglo] Symantec snafu

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

Symantec just got to be more hassle than it was worth. I liked its Norton
Antivirus, but they kept pestering me with popups inside that program trying to
get me to also buy Norton Confidential (I once did fall for that one, and it
turned out to be a total rip-off) and other stuff I neither wanted nor needed.
anyway, I finally got fed up and did my best to delete Norton and any other
Symantec nuisances.Didn't get quite all of them, though. There's some bit of
software still lurking, which throws up an alert every time I boot up, saying
"Norton AntiVirus Error. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect could not load the scan
engine. Please run LiveUpdate to get the latest version. (Code 6)"Wherever the
lurking bit still is, it doesn't show up in searches for "Norton", "Symanec" or
"AntiVirus". Any idea what it could be, and where it's hiding?