[muglo] Re: Smelly Mac ?

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:08:01 -0400

I would check with APC.  A few years ago, I got an email from them,
saying the APC UPS unit I had had a defective part (BACK UPS CS 500).
I returned the defective one and they gave me another one of the same
make for free.  Apparently there was a fire hazard with the defective
units.

If your unit was operating 24/7 when it was humid, that might be a
factor.  In the summer, I run a dehumidifer quite frequently around
my computer equipment because excessive humidity is not good.

I can't advise on the dvd player.

Leith