[muglo] Re: Newbie

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:08:03 -0500

on 7/11/02 09:42, Eurogarth at eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Joe:
>>=20
>> I made the switch to Entourage, and while it wasn=B9t easy to =B3transfer=B2
>> i=
t was
>> worth it. My problem is STILL trying to Sync my Palmtop (HP540 Journada =
and
>> its 2800 contacts) with the Mac, but according to PocketMac
>> (www.pocketmac.net) this too shall pass.
>>=20

Eurogarth... one problem with your e-mails... everything is quoted.

If you guys are doing a Mac-to-Mac conversion of Outlook Express to
Entourage there's a *much* simpler way of doing things.

Quit Outlook Express. Open Entourage. Create your new account. Don't bother
setting things up. Select "Import" from the File menu. Select the
appropriate options. Sit back and wait. Done.

If you are doing Windows-to-Mac of Outlook or Outlook Express to Entourage
it is a little more complicated but you don't have to go to the hassle of
e-mailing yourself your e-mails. Check out the Microsoft newsgroups at
http://www.Google.com, or do a web search for conversion information. I kno=
I've seen apps out there that will allow you to easily move from Winblows t=
Mac versions of Outlook XXX or Entourage.

PS If you can turn your Windows Outlook mailboxes into a MBOX format you ca=
simply copy the file to the Mac and have Entourage import it.

L8r, Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>