[muglo] Re: Mac Applications

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:23:21 -0500

On 4-Dec-06, at 2:03 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> On 12-04-06, at 12:52 PM, Barry Takayesu wrote:
>
>> Reason being
>> that with the Intel chip Macs, the new Macs could seamlessly
>
> Hardly seamlessly... :-)
>
> Booting into Windows to use a Quickbooks on a Mac isn't a Mac
> experience. Using Parallels to emulate Windows so you can use a PC
> program isn't exactly a Mac experience either... and waiting for
> that other emulation that runs PC programs directly isn't using a
> Mac program.
>
> They are just lazy and looking for another excuse not to improve
> the software.
>
> People aren't going to buy a dual boot Mac just to run Quickbooks.
> they're going to buy a dual boot because it will also run
> Quickbooks in Windows. And when they get used to the Mac side of
> things, they'll be the one's asking Quickbooks why there isn't a
> Macintosh version.
>
>> it would be fruitless for the producers to
>> create, develop and maintain their softwares for both platforms.
>
> And then they'll wonder why open source software is eating their
> breakfasts.

Agree whole heartedly with you Doug. There are other programmes that
can do what Quicken does. FileMaker Pro can easily be set up to do
most Quicken functions, if not all. Any Data base can function as a
simple accounting programme quite easily. I used Appleworks for all
my accounting & never felt the need for yet another programme.
BTW Quicken did the same thing 2 years ago, but relented after sales
dropped & hundreds of emails were received.
TTFN,   TeeC