[muglo] MUGLO Mail muddle

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:47:33 -0500

Thanks to everyone who?s been helping with setting up ?smart mailbox?
in Mail for MUGLO traffic (lately, MUGLO stuff hasn?t been showing up
in Mail at all, even in the regular inbox).
from doug rogers:
Are they showing up in your inbox? but not sorting into ?

They?re not showing up in my Mail inbox at all.

from Wayne Dobson:
Doug, the 'From' field doesn't include MUGLO, just the sender's
address. Muglo shows in the 'Subject' field. Try re-setting.

Okay, did that. The smart mailbox now is set for messages whose
Subject field contains ?muglo?. I?ll send this shortly to see if Mail
picks it up.

again from Wayne:
Don't forget that your Rogers email is a "POP" account(Post Office
protocall). Mail is downloaded once only(mailed) and then stored on
your computer(delivered), so you can't set a preference and try
downloading it again to see if it goes to your new smart mailbox.

I think I understand,Wayne, but previously most mail (including MUGLO
messages) that showed up in my Safari/Rogers/Yahoo inbox would appear
simultaneously in my Mail inbox. Not always, but more often than not.
Confusingly, deleting a received message in one has not always deleted
it in the other.
Safari/Rogers/Yahoo having now eaten yet another long e-mail that took
me considerable time and trouble to compose, I mean to switch my
messaging entirely to Mail if I can get it to work properly. I?ve now
deleted my MUGLO folder in Safari/Rogers/Yahoo, which presumably will
direct all future MUGLO messages, including this one, directly into my
S/R/Y inbox. We?ll see whether it shows up also in Mail and, if so,
whether in the inbox or the MUGLO smart mailbox. I?ll let you know.
Here goes.