[muglo] Inexpensive RAM for Mac mini and allied machines (DDR 400/PC 3200)

  • From: Eric D <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 10:01:44 -0500

Hi all,I just got a 1 GB stick of Kingston Value RAM (DDR 400 PC3200) from
Canada Computers here in Toronto for $125
(http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProdList&cmd=pl&id=RAM.178&mfg=KINGSTON)They
 have locations all across the GTA, and even in Waterloo and Hamilton.I've had
the Mac mini (PPC 1.25 GHz) chugging away for two days now doing a variety of
memory intensive tasks and there's been no kernel panic -- I'm ready to declare
the chip "good" :-).PS To open a Mac mini you need a _thin_ putty knife and a
willingness to put up with "cracking" sounds (which are 100% harmless):
http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2005/01/macminiinside/index.php.
According to wikipedia Apple even sent dealers putty knives to open the Mac
mini.Eric.