[muglo] Re: Fwd: Needs Onyx help

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:13:53 -0500

'Permission' in this case refers to the set of allowable functions a
user can perform on each file in your computer. If you select a file,
then under the 'File' menu select 'get info': you will see the
'permissions' for that file, ie. you can read it, write to it, etc.
Multiple users can screw up the file permissions by restricting use,
etc. The Onyx utility scans these files and repairs the permissions.
The disk first aid utility in Mac OSX also does this.

On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:31 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>> I hope you can help me. I downloaded Onyx with no problem. However,
>> I'm not sure what would be the best settings for my mac as I am new
>> to the Mac environment. I'm not sure what "permissions" actually
>> means but i assume that this means that i give my computer the
>> permission to "execute" the program on its own at the interval I
>> specify i.e. daily, weekly, monthly.
>>
>> I would appreciate any help in this process. If you can't help me
>> who do I call or email?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Frank Ferraro
>
> ---