[muglo] Re: Drive Rejects CD

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:17:57 -0400

Thanks, Chris, but I decided to follow Wayne's suggestion and bought a Lite-On optical drive from Tiger Direct. It works fine. I burned a video to a CD-R with it, then played it on the MPB's internal optical drive. So there's still some life left in the internal drive.

Bob

On 16-Oct-11, at 9:33 PM, Chris wrote:

Bob
If you choose to go the replacement drive route and don't feel comfortable doing the teardown & replacement yourself, I could do the job for you. I've replaced the hard drive and the LCD on my 17" MBP and am quite comfortable around the innards. Let me know.