[muglo] Re: Cannon S300 Printer

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:05:45 -0500

"Eric D." wrote:

> I'm thinking of trying for the HP LaserJet 1200n ($850 institutional
> purchase). Any experiences with it? (There's a networkable Brother for less,
> but it's received some pretty mediocre reviews and I've seen the Brother
> 1870n suffer from some pretty nasty problems (brand new machine smearing
> prints, going off-line, not setting up properly, having to go in for
> service)... though, it does automatically print double-sided very nicely.

Go for it. I have a LaserJet 5MP that is going on 5 (?) years old
with about 50,000 pages on it. Still works like a charm although
under continuous really heavy use (e.g. 300-400 pages in a row)
it does start to squeak a bit. I have it hooked up parallel
through my router which has a print server. Works on my PeeCee
laptop, through Virtual PC on my main machine plus the other
three Macs on my network. Have only had a couple of times where I
needed to really clean the rollers. Other than that it has been
maintenance free.

Martin Eh!

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>