[muglo] Re: Blog test

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:33:36 -0400

On 26-Aug-09, at 11:31 AM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> I got several pages and left a comment (ended with Paul T) though I
> guess I should have put my name in the box "Comment as" as I finished
> with the comment coming under "Anonymous" - sorry about that - I
> guess it wasn't clear to me... am I correct in this assumption for
> the future and perhaps for the benefit of others?

I put up a number of pages in an attempt to duplicate the Freewebs
site, just to see if it could be done. The advertising banners at
Freewebs seem not be a problem recently. Freewebs doesn't seem to like
iWeb created pages though, and recreating the folder hierarchy one
submission at a time is tedious. This alternate site is running off my
Mobileme space because of the blog. Space and usage here is not a
problem.

As I said, I believe the blog could be useful for meeting postings. If
anyone believes it could be useful for anything else... ? If it is
useful for meeting notices I would like to move it to Wordpress, which
would allow multiple 'editors'.

Of course anyone can add comments in any case. Comments can be turned
off and on globally, or for individual posts, or require registration,
an email address or some other, or no degree of security, at all.

The comment system is not intended to be any kind of replacement for
the mailing list. The RSS feed from the blog postings is not the same
as the RSS feed from Freelists Muglo mailing list.