[muglo] Re: 512 RAM chip

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:42:01 -0400

On 23-Aug-05, at 10:19 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> Hi Tee
>
> I have an eMac (700 MHz) with 128 MB memory.  I have looked at OWC and
> find there is quite a difference in their prices (diff manufacturers)
> - does it matter which make one uses?

No as all are normally warranted for life.
> Secondly, can one mix sizes - in addition to my 128MB can I add a
> 256MB ($28.95) or must they match in size?

I'm pretty sure that you can mix them, but OWC people really know their
stuff, so you ask them.
> I presume the prices are in US $?  Finally - is it difficult to insert
> mem modules?
>
> Paul

Yes they are US. OWC is located in Chicago. Usually takes 1-2 days to
get here. It is not difficult to install memory in any of the newer
Macs that I've seen, but if it were OWC has links to "How to".
TTFN,
TeeC