[leasbirds] Re: migrant oddities in backyard

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 18:09:59 -0500

Greetings Jim:

Get me the photos ASAP and I will do what I can. Your yard is kicking
Clapp Park's the Canyon Lake's respective asses.

Anthony

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:42 PM, James Crites <jrcrites@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday, I had a really good look at a fall male scarlet tanager in my
backyard. Field marks matched exactly to both Sibey's and National
Geographic field guides. This is a lifer for me. Today, I have had
several good looks at a kingbird. The bill looks like a western, but the
yellow on the breast goes up to the throat. I have not observed whether
the outer tail feathers were white or not. I have been able to take two
pictures thru the window, during the rain. Please help with this
identification.
Migrants that I have seen this weekend, here in the yard are as follows:
blackchinned humming birds (so fat I am surprised they can fly) -
numerous, and fiesty
orange-crowned warblers - 5 ( at least)
wilson's warblers - 2
black-throated green warbler -1
hermit thrush 1
northern flicker (yellow shafted) 1

Okay, I am having problems with technology. The photos will be coming
shortly.

Jim Crites
Northwest Lubbock
Sent from my iPad