[leasbirds] migrant oddities in backyard

  • From: James Crites <jrcrites@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 17:42:47 -0500

Yesterday, I had a really good look at a fall male scarlet tanager in my
backyard. Field marks matched exactly to both Sibey's and National Geographic
field guides. This is a lifer for me. Today, I have had several good looks at
a kingbird. The bill looks like a western, but the yellow on the breast goes
up to the throat. I have not observed whether the outer tail feathers were
white or not. I have been able to take two pictures thru the window, during
the rain. Please help with this identification.
Migrants that I have seen this weekend, here in the yard are as follows:
blackchinned humming birds (so fat I am surprised they can fly) - numerous, and
fiesty
orange-crowned warblers - 5 ( at least)
wilson's warblers - 2
black-throated green warbler -1
hermit thrush 1
northern flicker (yellow shafted) 1

Okay, I am having problems with technology. The photos will be coming shortly.

Jim Crites
Northwest Lubbock
Sent from my iPad