[leasbirds] Some afternoon highlights from Clapp Park

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:24:08 -0500

Greetings All:

With a decent rain in the morning, another decent rain in the early
afternoon, and another band on its way (it's working its way through
Lubbock right now - in fact) I decided to squeeze in a late afternoon visit
to Clapp Park in hopes of catching some storm-dropped migrants.

As conditions were cloudy and threatening birds were in 'skulk' mode and
the list was pretty short (29 species in 1.5 hours) but I did see 1
immature Black-chinned Hummingbird, 1 Olive-sided Flycatcher, 1 Western
Kingbird, 2 House Wrens, 2 Orange-crowned Warblers, 1 Nashville Warbler, 1
first fall male Common Yellowthroat, 1 Yellow Warbler, at least 6 Wilson's
Warblers, 3 Clay-colored Sparrrows, and 1 first fall male Bullock's
Oriole.

Nothing new for the site's year list but water was building - slowly - in
the playas and this weekend could be interesting.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock