[leasbirds] Highlights from the Canyon Lakes today

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:14:00 -0500

Greetings All:

I spent 1.5 hours at MacKenzie Park this morning/afternoon and tallied the
following highlights: 2 Gadwalls, 1 Cinnamon Teal, 3 Snowy Egrets, 1 Green
Heron, 1 Osprey, 3 Wilson's Snipes, 3 Eastern Phoebes, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1
Orange-crowned Warbler, 1 Wilson's Warbler, and 1 Cassin's Sparrow.

I then spent 2 hours at the Purina Mountain Bike Trail, with the following
as highlights: 1 Green Heron, 1 Yellow-crowned Night Heron, 1 Northern
Harrier, 1 Common Poorwill, 1 Verdin, 1 House Wren, 1 Carolina Wren, 5
Orange-crowned Warblers, 1 Nashville Warbler, 1 Wilson's Warbler, 1
Spotted Towhee, 1 Cassin's Sparrow, 1 Chipping Sparrow, 2 Clay-colored
Sparrows, 1 Brewer's Sparrow, 7 Vesper Sparrows, 4 Lincoln's Sparrows, 2
Eastern Meadowlarks (by call note), and 2 Pine Siskins.

A nice mix of ongoing autumn and oncoming winter.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock