[leasbirds] Canyon Lake Highlights from Today

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:16:17 -0500

Greetings All:

I spent 1.25 hours at Lake Six this morning, picking up 31 species of bird
including 6 Cackling Geese, 12 Canada Geese, 3 Snowy Egrets, 1 Green Heron,
1 Swainson's Hawk, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 2 House Wrens, 1 Marsh Wren, 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 1 Gray Catbird, 15 Orange-crowned Warblers, 1
Nashville Warbler, and 1 Lincoln's Sparrow.

Forty-five minutes below Lake Six kicked out only 9 species of bird
(ridiculously slow) including 1 Green Heron, 1 Hermit Thrush, 5
Orange-crowned Warblers, and 1 Lincoln's Sparrow.

On the way home I spotted 2 Snowy Egrets at MacKenzie Park and 1 Osprey
over Aztlan Park.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson, Lubbock