[GeoStL] Tyson

  • From: CDS <cds231@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:12:36 -0500

-
Strider helped me out on planning the route that I did a couple of weeks
ago for the north end by parking off of Allen Road. This worked out
great and if you have a Garmin and Mapsource or can use a .gpx file of
the track I can send that also. The only variation I did was doing By
The Pond first then followed his suggestion.

cds231/Dave

An even better route is:
Roman Ruins
Roman Highways
Roman Temples the go back towards Roman Highways and cut over to:
Trek Through Tyson A nice walk this way, little elevation change
Valley of Shadows
By The Cliff
Journeys End, then drop down into the valley, and walk up the valley to
Tyson Cascade, then back out & go to By the Pond. If you do it this way,
you should miss most of the worst hill climbing, though around Roman
Temples, you ain't got no choice.

It is a rough one either way, but it is worth it.