[GeoStL] Re: Suggestions needed for DC trip

  • From: "M. Gasch" <maryjgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:40:18 -0500

-
There are many MANY (mostly virtual) caches all around the typical
tourist areas - the Mall, Arlington National Cemetary, etc.
I think this one might be my favorite, because I wouldn't have found
this little "weary traveler" without hunting for the geocache.  He is
obviously a piece of history, intentionally part of the memorial even
though he is hidden, and your 8th graders might be amused to learn
about him!
Check out this cache - on the WWII memorial site on the Mall
GCK12J    Last stop for a weary traveler

If you check out my "found caches" page from October 2005 (currently
page 4 of my found caches), you will see several easy, quick caches
we were able to fit in around wedding festivities.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=GeoGache

I really love Washington and plan to go back sometime this summer.
If you find any great caches in the area, let us know!

Mary
~GeoGache