[GeoStL] Spring is coming .... ADMIN NOTE ....

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:17:27 -0600

-
We have having more and more nice days lately and that means we will
have more and more folks reading cache pages,  seeking and hiding caches.

A long time ago the County Parks  folks asked me to tag the  cache pages
of County park caches with a note about hours and some park rules.
Remember the Ozguff stories? Well, I tagged some, missed others, didn't
get the rules portion on most so I will be going back and placing the
note on the bottom of the cache pages as I run across them. Don't be
alarmed, it is something I should have been doing all along.  We hope
that it will not be too intrusive but a notice to all cachers  about
what the parks would like us to do is needed.

You need not worry about me needing to know how your caches are hidden.
Most of the time I cant remember where I put my GPS. :-)  I will never
remember where all the caches are.

I think I may start posting a small note of park contact info in areas
where caches need to contact the parks.

Thanks in advance

The note says something like.....

NOTICE:
        Please be respectful of the posted park hours. If you enter the park
        after hours you are trespassing. If you are stopped you can be
ticketed
        or arrested and will put the future of geocaching in the parks in
        jeopardy

Special permission to hide caches in St. Louis County parks is NOT
needed as long as the Groundspeak rules are followed.
"Blanket Permission" has been worked out in advance with the park
service. DO NOT CALL THE PARK as they cannot handle the calls. The
Groundspeak cache reviewer DOES need to know EXACTLY  how and where
the caches are hidden and what type of containers are used. The
geocaching liaisons will notify the park service of new caches.
Remember NO AMMO BOXES or PVC PIPE caches.