[GeoStL] Re: Sort of NGR: Snip Question

  • From: GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Geocachette@xxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:40:23 +0000 (GMT)

Save $$$ when roaming the globe. Get local access at local
ISP rates with Net2Roam. See http://web2mail.com/n2r.php?4

> Hi GLENN, Question?
>   What does snip mean?
SNIP... means that there are portions of the original text that have been
SNIPPED out of the reply. ....

>>Does it mean future emails with that subject line are deleted automatically

No, nothing is automatically deleted.

>>or just a Please don't talk about it anymore request?

Yes, we have argued about it enough.

>   I'm just wondering - and trying not to make my email sound rude at the same
> time.
>
> Another Question?  What is wrong with a little banter as long as it is under
> NGR?

Nothing, but we were not having a little banter. We were not even disscussing a
topic. Just arguing about the post.

 I figure we are all old enough (maybe) to discuss topics without being
> restricted too much.  I think there were only maybe 8 or 10 posts on it.  (Is
> there a line you draw like _8 angry posts before sniping?)

Until the point is sufficiantly made and we are making no headway.  There are
several topics that there just isnt any point in discussing because nobody is
going to change their minds AND there are seperate lists for those topics
already.  Someplace there is a list of guidelines for the list. If we stick
close the the gudielines, we do OK. The guidelines do not ban the banter but
this is not a list for open discussions of all sorts of political, social and
and  religious topics.

> I understand if it was like a way huge silly argument and way too many
> >posts.  Just wondering  -
> without malice.
>
> Thanks,
> Georgie
>
> PS. No one else needs to reply me since this is a post to Glenn (I know two
> of you older guys probably will :o) ) - but if you want to send me a note I
> won't get mad either.>
Subject field