[GeoStL] Represent SLAGA

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:04:57 -0500

SLAGA received the following invitation to participate in a resource fair for
teachers, from 8:00 am to 9:00 am on Friday, July 24, at the Forest Park
Visitor's Center. None of the officers is available to do this, but if anyone
else is interested in representing SLAGA and setting up a table at this event,
you can email slagaofficers@xxxxxxxxxxx Please let us know by this Friday.

Hi. I coordinate a program for local teachers using Forest Park as an outdoor
classroom sponsored by Forest Park Forever. Teachers are introduced to GPS
technology and given lessons about using GPS units. Forest Park Forever has 20
units that teachers can check out during the year to use with their students.
Teachers also learn the basics of geocaching and many are interested in
learning more. At the end of the 8 day workshop, we have a community resource
fair to allow community resources, such as yourselves, to provide additional
information and resources. The Fair will be held on July 24th from 8-9am at the
Forest Park Visitor's Center. If you would like to have a space for a
representative from your group, we would love to have you. If you can not send
a person but have some information that could be passed along, I can arrange
that too. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.