[GeoStL] Re: Public Record

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:07:59 -0600

-
Most excellent point.

At 12:02 AM 12/27/2003, Paul Konopacki wrote:

I would like to remind everyone that all message sent to this newsgroup are kept, in their entirety, in archives on the internet. These archives are constantly being scanned by internet search engines. I was surprised to see specific messages posted here appear in the results of an internet search. Your messages, whether on-topic or off-topic, civil or uncivil responses, live on and are open to the world. What legacy do you want to leave?!

I personally read all messages here using the on-line archives. The following link will get you all messages added in December: <//www.freelists.org/archives/geocaching/12-2003/>//www.freelists.org/archives/geocaching/12-2003/. I click the [Date Next] link on new messages until I am up-to-date. That way, I don't feel the urge to quickly respond to an email I received in my in-box and can read new messages at my liesure.

Don't be fooled that you are just sending emails to an exclusive group of local geocachers. Use dicretion when sharing personal information about yourself, your family and vacation plans.

END OF LINE