[GeoStL] Re: Night Caching

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:00:22 -0500

-
Try some caches  in areas where you are less  likely to be seen & draw
suspicion. This can be
tough since you'll be using a flash light to light your way.
Night time caching can be fun. It can also be frustrating & dangerous; so be
careful!
Always take your cell phone & let someone know where you're going... and set a
waypoint at
your car.  I once got turned around in a SMALL patch of woods ( things start
looking alike in
the dark) because I didn't set a waypoint. Luckily my wife was with me & I
called her on the
2-way & had her honk the horn so I could get my bearings! LOL
I just did the final stage of a 4/1 revenge cache in the dark last night. It
took me about 30
minutes & when I finally found it, I was like "you've got to be kidding me!"
here's a link to it. Yeah, I know it's a long ways to drive. :-)

Eric

Andy Sims wrote:

> -
> Hey all, one more thing.
>
> Can someone tell me good caches to look for at night?
> I have terrible and I mean TERRIBLE insomnia, so it
> would be a good way for me to get out and work off
> some excess energy so I can sleep.  I've been doing a
> little night-time benchmarking, but when I tried to do
> the Urban Wall virtual cops I got hassled by the cops
> even though I wasn't doing anything wrong.  If there
> are some caches on private property where going at
> night would be ok that would be great or if there are
> some Virtual Caches where the police are NOT going to
> give me a lecture on how much they hate Freeman Bosley
> for having that wall painted that would be great too.
>
> Just sometimes I am up at 4 AM and feeling like I'm
> going to jump out of my skin if I don't get outside
> and I don't drink so East Side is not an answer ;)
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Andy (Yutty Yutbar)

Subject field