[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Connectors ?

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "SLAGA" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:38:41 -0500

-
It is short for:
(P)OP (Franc)hisee.

It is pronounced "frank", as in "lets be frank".
But I use "Pfranc" in sentences the same way as I would "franchisee",
"distributor", or "my friend". POP is an acronym for Purple Open Project.
Purple is the name of my company (since 1983) and "Open" is the cool new
way of the internet.

There are 2 rules of Pfrancdom that guide Pfrancs:
<http://pfranc.com/projects/g45contr/pfranc_rules.htm>See Pfrancs rules.
Websters defines Franchise as ...... go see for yourself here: Our Pfrancs
are ordinary people --- almost like "Frank" of Nortel. Nortel first
introduced Frank in a TV ad October 2000. They wanted to tell everyone
about Frank like e-business. Here is a photo of "Frank" from the ad:
2f49a631.jpg
 It's a great ad, you can go to:
<http://www.nortelnetworks.com/corporate/internet/tv_spots/index.html>Nortel
networks web page and see it on-line! I thought it was funny because we've
been putting "a Pfranc face" on our web site since 1996! "e-business to be
more - human", wow, that's it! That's what Pfranc.com is about! People! Not
computers. Wouldn't it be cool if our presents on the net influenced the
idea for the Nortel ad? Nah. But who knows? It is getting to be a pretty
small (and frank) world. How's that song go? "...come together, right now,
over me". I transcribed all the words from the Nortel "Frank" TV ad
<http://pfranc.com/projects/g45contr/pfranc_ad.htm>here. Just for pFun.
Early 1996 I needed a word and didn't like "Distributor", so I considered
Team, Confederate, Guild, almost went with League, but then ran into
Franchise. At first I hated it because I thought it meant owning a fast
food restaurant. But I looked it up anyway and learned that I hated it for
the wrong reason. Hmmm, this never happens with other things, does it? I
discovered that "franchise" is related to words like "free" and "liberty",
so wow, cool, this was meant to be, the direction, the direction I'm being
driven in ... again. If the word fits use it, if it is too long, shorten
it. New word for a new thing. Base of word is vast and interesting and ....
means something. Look up "frank" too:
A Pfranc helps me acheive: "The Purpose". The purpose is simple and clear,
however, working on it and acheiving it is not. The way to accomplish the
purpose has evolved. The purpose of POP #1 is: To get Garmin connectors
from my molding machine to anyone who needs one fast and easy. How we do
that continues to evolve. If you have any ideas, let us have 'em!

All Pfrancs Have a Garmin GPS, wanted a DIY plug, are comfortable with
E-mail, the internet, and English; they got 2 plugs from me, were so
impressed with the idea of Pfrancdom they asked to become a Pfranc. Pfrancs
enjoy helping people, check their e-mail often, and will send two plugs for
just a pledge to anyone who asks. Pfrancs know the language(s), culture,
customs, and system in their country. They understand what Pfrancdom is
about and are able to translate and represent the purpose and philosophy of
Pfrancdom to people in their country. They are emissaries of Pfrancdom.
Many Pfrancs are retired and enjoy Pfrancdom as a pastime that keeps them
involved with other people who own a GPS. Others recognize Pfrancdom as an
opportunity to grow a business. Some actually have and may be able to quit
their day job soon! Ha!

At 03:35 PM 8/20/2004, Glenn wrote:

>-
>links  to find a pfranc   http://pfranc.com/cgi-bin/list?pid=Pplug
>
>At 03:32 PM 8/20/2004, Glenn wrote:
>
> >-
> >http://pfranc.com/projects/g45contr/g45_idx.htm
> >
> >i have my cable made by a friend that does this.
> >
> >cheap, and great quality.
> >
> >look for the purple.
> >

> >At 03:28 PM 8/20/2004, Barry Bryant wrote:
> >
> > >-
> > >Does anyone know where to buy connectors for making (or repairing) a=20
> > >garmin GPSR cable ?
> > >
> > >Barramus
> > >N  38=B0 25.xxx'
> > >W 90=B0 42.xxx'