[GeoStL] Re: GPXSonar question

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:45:17 -0600

-

From: "Mike Bollinger" <lazylightning7@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all you really techie cachers that know tons (well not really tons
but thousands of pounds) of stuff about these cool paperless caching
programs,  I NEED HELP!!!

I am running GPXSonar on my iPAQ h1935 and recently I've been getting
error messages when I try to open a file.  The message says "XML parser
error at 2: not well-formed invalid token" or "XML parser error at
3708139: not well-formed mismatched tag" or "You are a stupid moron and
will never find that cache"  I just started having these problems a
couple of weeks ago, it's worked great until then.  I am running v1.0.

Mike,
The problem is probably not in GPXSonar nor in anything you did. The problem is most likely in one of the logs in the cache descriptions in the gpx file itself. GC.com allows "illegal characters" (as far as xml scema is concerned) to be entered into logs. These illegal characters cause the xml parsers to fail. Check to see if you have the most up to date version of gpxsonar as Fabian has been working on screening these out before processing the gpx file.

Bruce