[GeoStL] Re: GC7E99

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:54:16 -0600

-
well, hmmm . i guess we will have to see if someone finds it then.

gln

At 03:25 PM 1/10/2003 -0600, Barbara Hunt wrote:
-
Actually, I know exactly where it is. After I posted the note about not being able to find it, the guy emailed me with the exact location so that he could see if it was still there. Unfortunately, I had gone there during the last week of the season and, unless the guy was going to buy me playoff tickets, I wasn't going back to check for him as he requested.

In fact, he didn't really ask, he told me to do it. That's more than a little presumptuous even if it's not a paying venue!

In any case, it might be there still, it might not. It's in a surprisingly good hiding place.

Barbara

From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: GC7E99
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:22:55 -0800 (PST)

-
Glenn,

It has been a long time since I was at the stadium so
I would be no help here. But looking over the cache
page and the profile of the placer I would vote for
archiving and placing another there by someone who is
local and can maintain it.....from what I am seeing
this cacher is from the east coast and dropped a cache
off here on a visit?....I don't know about the rest of
you but I have a problem with someone placing caches
that far away from home with no possibility of
maintaining them. It would be different if it is
perfectly placed with "dead on" coordinates and no
possiblity of being found by anyone but a cacher but
from the logs it is obvious that it is not. How do we
know that the cahce is still there or that the
maintanence crews did not find it and throw it away as
trash?

My two cents worth

Dan (Thunder)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&ID=32409&decrypt=y&log=y

> i am starting to wonder
> 1) if it will be found &
> 2) how long before folks start marking it with the
> archive thingie?
>
> i dont go to the stadium so i am not familiar with
> the instructions.
>
> gln