[GeoStL] Re: GC7E99 (?)

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:15:57 -0800 (PST)

-
Georgie,
I did not say that it should be archived though that
would be my vote if I had one. Everyone has the right
to place caches whereever they want if it is legal and
possible to do so. But I personally would never place
a cache out of state or half way across the country
with no way to maintain it. If he has friends who
would or could it was not evident from the logs from
him or from his asking a local cacher to check it for
him. It is one of the responsibilities of a cache
placer to maintain and keep up a cache he/or she
places. I personally check every cache I have placed
once every 2 weeks whether they have been found or
not. However when I wrote the first note it was just
my opinion (two cents worth) and I would not want
anything done on that.....I was just curious what
others felt about it is all .....sorry if I offended

Dan (Thunder)

--- Geocachette@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Standard Time,
> thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > It has been a long time since I was at the stadium
> so
> > I would be no help here. But looking over the
> cache
> > page and the profile of the placer I would vote
> for
> > archiving and placing another there by someone who
> is
> > local and can maintain it.....
>

> Why should we be trying to archive a cache for
> someone else just because no
> one has found it yet?  Maybe this cacher makes
> frequent trips to the area ...
> maybe he has friends here.  Shouldn't he be
> contacted first?
>
> I have a cache that no one has visited but I don't
> plan on archiving it just
> because of that.
>
> Georgie

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......