[GeoStL] Re: Finding but, not logging caches

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:52:08 -0600

-
Eric,

I think that's pretty normal. When I look through the logs on my caches,
there's always some entries that weren't posted on GC.com. Most seem to be
legitimate finds, not accidental, so they are trying to find them with a GPS
or compass. They might just be concerned about having to signup on GC.com
and getting SPAM or whatever. It gives them a chance to take the hike and
enjoy the hunt without any feedback about how or why they should have done
something. Keeping a low profile might be a good idea.

Rich