[GeoStL] Re: Caching in Alaska

  • From: "Stoeppelman, Kurt" <Kurt.Stoeppelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:02:36 -0500

I just got back from Edmonton Canada last night. Had time to get some
caches while I was there. Still need to log them. There are a couple
good and bad things about the great north.

o        It does not get dark until about 11:30pm in the summer - Good

o        The caches were in beautiful areas - Good

o        The caches were near beautiful lakes and creeks - Good??  /
Water = Mosquitoes - Bad

o        The mosquitoes were the worst I have ever seen. They were huge,
hungry and could be worn like a coat. - Very bad

o        There are products like Off and Cutters - Very Good

I stopped at a quick shop to pick up some Off spray for $7.00
(Priceless). The woman at the counter asked if one can would be enough?
I told her I was leaving tomorrow. She said,"That may be enough." The
Off saved a lot of my blood. She also told me I should come back when
the mosquitoes get real bad.

I believe Alaska caching would be the same. Bring spray you will need
it.

Rocfish