[BNU] steps to connect to wifi if it seems to go missing

  • From: Peter Greco <peter.19.greco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 15:14:11 +0930

I found yesterday that my Touch could not see let alone connect to my wifi, having been connected earlier.
Greg sent me these steps and I'm connected again, Greg said it was okay to share this information with the List!
Thanks again Greg!
Hello Peter
This will be fixed in the version coming very shortly, but for now here is a work around that was sent to the HumanWare AU team:
One item that was brought to our attention that we have duplicated is a problem where you are using the Touch with a certain WIFI configuration, then move somewhere else, with a different WIFI connection that you had previously connected to, and the Touch will not see the WIFI connection. It was reported to us that you would need to reboot the Touch completely. We are working on solving the problem, but it is not a trivial issue. In the meantime, there is a work around so you don't have to reboot the Touch completely.
If you find that you are not seeing your WIFI network or not reconnecting to it, first open settings, and look in WIFI. See if you see your WIFI signal. If it says "Not in range", find the button called "WPS Push Button and activate it. Visually it is on the top of the screen next to the scan button. Activate that button and it will bring up a WPS box, which we don't care about. Now simply press back (or Space with E), and it should refresh your connection causing you to reconnect fine.
You should receive the system update notification when the version is launched hopefully later this week.
 Best regards

Peter
-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You can also visit our list page at:
www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email
to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.