[BNU] Re: BrailleNote not recognizing AC adapter

  • From: "Roger Behm" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lucysirianni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:38:01 -0500

HI Lucy,

I have customers with that issue many times andit is mainly because the female AC plug on your apex has been damaged from unplugging many many times and have it jerked out forgeting to unplug before you take it away.

To se if that is the issue, just plug it in and then gentley move it from side to side or up and down and see if your apex says AC adaptor off or AC adaptor on.

Also see how tight your male AC plug feels when inserted in to the female AC jack on your apex.

The part for replacing is real cheep a few dollars, but shiping and hourly wage of $125 per hour is the kicker.

If it is under extended hardware warranty that usually is repaired for free and just shipping costs back to you if not under first year warranty, when shipping is free both ways.

Regards,
roger

ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC.
WE MAKE TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBLE TO THE VISION IMPAIRED AND READING DISABLED

ROGER A BEHM, PRESIDENT
1611 CLOVER LANE
JANESVILLE WI 53545-1388
VOICE: 608-758-0933