[BNU] Apex: Something I Think Is Very Unusual

  • From: Linda Stewart <linda.lassie903@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Braille <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 17:09:26 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I turned on my Apex, or 99.99 percent of the time, I would have to reset it. It would say "main menu" and that's as far as it would go. I had been told by someone that many people are too hasty when they see "main menu" and go right into something without giving the Apex a chance to get really ready. So, I'd count to 30 seconds, or 45, and then try, and it still wouldn't work. So I'd reset it. I usually don't use the speech on the Apex, but I remembered that he said, "Wait until you hear the speech say `main menu` before you do anything else. So, whenever I shut my Apex off I would turn on the speech first. Get this! The next time I would turn on the Apex the speech would say "main menu" right away, and I could start immediately to do whatever I wanted. Why in the world would the speech have to be on to allow me to do this???

Linda Stewart
Clearance this month for Scentsy, contact me for more information.
-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You can also visit our list page at:
www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email
to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.