[BNU] Admin's letter (please read): Replies from Technical Support, letters and so on

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 06:22:43 -0700

Dear BrailleNote user community:
We're glad to see that interaction between users and HumanWare is
going well, based on replies we've seen so far. However, we would like
to take this time to clarify what is and is not a "standard" response
from Technical Support from HW:
What is the standard reply: Standard reply from HumanWare Technical
Support might include forward notices (e.g. "we'll forward this to
product manager"), considerations (e.g. "we'll consider this for the
future release") and so on.
Replies from staff (and ones that would benefit the list in the long
term): messages from trusted sources, including Greg Stilson and other
Humanware staff involved with BrailleNote line (KeySoft developers
included).
In the admins' opinion (and from experiences), it is fine to forward
replies from Humanware staff, including Technical Support team.
However, what we believe would be a more useful forward would be from
a trusted source (including Greg) that sheds some light on what's
going on. So, in the end, we would like to ask for discernment when
forwarding replies.
As for letters and so on: We believe that a collective letter would
have a better chance of success. Although letters from individual
members would give better numeric statistics, it may diminish the
quality of our "voice" - that is, may add conflicting information,
debates among senders and so forth. For this reason, we welcome
suggestions on what this collective letter should contain and we do
welcome discussion of such on this forum. Once the suggestions are
collected, then let a representative take care of sending the letter
to appropriate addresses; that way, others can help out on different
issues and answer other questions. In the end, we're glad to see how
the recent thread on a letter on future of BrailleNote turned out well
- we believe this experience would be a wonderful role model when
dealing with future letters and discussions surrounding such letters
(if any in a future time).
So, in conclusion, I (Joseph) would like to thank all those involved
with the recent letter sent by Alex (the other admin), especially Alex
and those who gave suggestions. The thread may not be over yet, but I
(Joseph) believe that the discussion surrounding the recent letter is
going the right direction (keep your comments coming). I'd also like
to thank Greg (on behalf of admins and users) for reassurance from
HumanWare on BrailleNote and its future, and we do hope to see some
wonderful news on BrailleNote when it is ready.
Thanks.
Sincerely,
Joseph

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view