[bksvol-discuss] Re: single quotes

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:34:33 -0500

Sean Randall has written a simple program to convert the ' to a normal quotation mark in books like that. I think he has it in the projects area on his site at http://www.randylaptop.com
If not, email him at sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and ask him for it. I think he still calls it a2Q for the words apostrophe to quotes. It makes life much easier.

On Friday 3/17/2006 03:01 AM, you wrote:
In the book I'm validating now, I've gone back and
changed the apostrophes to single quotes where they're
supposed to be that. But I'm sure they are apostrophes
in all the books I've done to date. Strong Poison and
Eats, SHoots and Leaves in particular, being English
books, use single quotes where we use double quotes,
and I think Johnny Tremain did, too. Is there a way
you can covert when you're reading? If not, and I
suspect not, except the slow process of using Find,
I'm willing to have the books returned to me and
correct them for you.