[bksvol-discuss] roman numerals

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:02:56 +0000

Hi again,

Another thought about roman numerals: when roman numerals begin a line,
especially, for example, when you are using them for the page numbers of front
matter, the text will auto-capitalize the first letter but not the second. This
is not helpful for print readers, or, apparently, for Braille readers. This
doesn't necessarily apply to the question about medical terms, but I thought it
worth mentioning, because I've seen it come up a fewtimes. Please keep the
roman numerals consistently capitalized or not. Thanks!

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative
650-644-3459
madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Join us in celebrating our 10th
Anniversary!<http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>

[Title:  Bookshare logo: Bringing Reading to Life for 10 Years]

JPEG image