[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions with a book

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kaitlyn,

I've been helping out at Bookshare for about 3 years now (and I'm up to 3
gallons at the local blood bank.)  I use the chopper, scanner and OCR program
at the Bookshare office.  It's a high-speed scanner (I forget the make and
model - I'll look when I go in tomorrow), doing a 250-page book in 2 minutes
(if it doesn't double-feed or jam).  More recent books are fine going thru the
scanner, but older books tend to double-feed a lot, so it takes longer to do
them.

Carrie

Kaitlyn Hill <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Carrie,
Wow! So, I have to ask, how long have you been at it? I'm up to 24 since
April when I joined.
Maybe my next goal will have to be 100 before my one year mark. Kind of like
getting your gallon pin at the blood bank. What kind of scanner are you
using? I have a Canon rd2080C. It's taken me a few books now but I'm
starting to get some rather good scans. I'm really looking forward to the
new Kurzweil 1000 version 10. It sounds like it has some nice improvements.

Happy scanning:)

Kaitlyn
Reconnective healing and the Reconnection
Level 1 Reiki healing
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Find your vessel and fill it with the light and with the light behind the
light,Then let the light shine for the world so others may know the truth