[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions on editing

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:54:06 -0500

Kelly, It's fine to have the page numbers at the bottoms of the pages. If it isn't too much work I would delete any blank lines that are above the page headers. The stripper will still view them as the first paragraph, but if it doesn't remove them for some dumb reason they are less annoying to a reader if they are at the top of the page in the same place each time.

If the book has bold or other font styles I wouldn't change that, but if it is only regular font of a shape you don't like then it probably won't hurt to change it. You just don't want to cause any information that is conveyed by font changes to be lost.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity