[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraph recognition

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:00:45 -0800 (PST)

It's been a while since I've scanned. I seem to
remember that my OCR did recognize the paragraphs when
I used the part that said something like "keep as in
original."

I can't tell what what command you would use for
inserting paragraphs, but when I validate I either
indent paragraphs or skip a line between them,
depending on whether or not the page length allows for
the latter (when there's a lot of dialog I've found
that it makes the text longer than the page should be)
or whether there are sections in the book that are
double-spaced, because then, if I skip lines between
paragraphs I have to double space between the
sections. Originally when I asked, people had said
they preferred the space between the paragraphs, but I
think last time the subject came up people said they
preferred the paragraphs indented. Perhaps it depends
upon whether people are reading in Braille or
listening.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com