[bksvol-discuss] Re: no additions or deletions to the books-being-scanned list since Aug. 8

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 00:27:27 -0500

Actually, Nichole participating in the Summer Road Trip took up almost all our
summer not spent volunteering, indoor, outdoors and on the road!  In fact, we
are incredibly proud of Nichole right now.  The official winners in three age
groups will not be known until next month, but Nichole read over 100 books in
the Summer Road Trip contest.  We know from the blog that over 350 kids read
over 800 books this summer, so that means Nichole read over 1/8 of the total
read!  We are *so* proud of her and her love of reading! Whether she came in
first or second doesn't matter, she had a ball reading as much as she could.

Thank you for everyone who helped us as we scrambled to find enough for her to
read that fit the guidelines.  :-)

Valerie